Here are some of the best and quick ideas to get your home out of the winter rut and ready for spring.
1. Plan your flower & vegetable garden. Right now you have the pick of the lot of flower seed and those for your vegetable garden.
2. Renew your hardwood floors with our Bona system. We carry a full line of Bona products, one of the best ways to keep your wood floors looking great.
3. Add some fresh color to your home by painting a room or two to brighten things up.
4. Take a look at all your window and door screens. If any are damaged, bring them in to Oakland Hardware and we’ll fix them within a few days (based on demand). Then you can open all the windows when spring’s weather sets in. Nothing better than fresh air.
5. Your windows have taken a beating with winter. We carry a variety of products to help you clean your windows fast and easy.
6. Brighten up your stainless steel appliances in the kitchen with our numerous cleaning products.
7. Your dishwasher needs to be cleaned too! Run a cycle with a specialty cleanser made for your dishwasher about once a month.
8. Spring is also a good time to clean your tarnished silverware.
9. Less-trafficked areas of your rugs only have to be cleaned once or twice a year. But highly trafficked areas may need a professional cleaning.
10. Don’t forget to clean the tile in your kitchen and bathrooms. We have numerous products for that task too.
11. Life is a lot easier when you’re organized. Stop in and check out some simple products we have to organize your closets and kitchen cabinets.
12. You don’t want to wash your clothes in a smelly washing machine, right? Be sure to clean it with any of the products on the market.